Friday, December 21, 2012

Migraines and Massage

 
Migraines and Massage

If you have ever suffered, and I do mean suffered from migraines, then I understand your pain. I used to have excruciating ones that would send me to a darkened room to lay in my bed and pray for the hour of release from its' grip. Afterwards I would be weak for at least a day. Have you been there?

Perhaps you sought out help by going to a chiropractor and found some relief. I know I did and it helped a lot but I kept getting them. Maybe not as close together but they were still dramatic.

I found two things that really changed my life and I always like to share with others what worked to reduce my migraines so that they too may find freedom from pain. I definitely suggest you talk with your doctor before trying anything new and keep him/her abreast of your successes.

The first suggestion I got from a friend was the idea of not eating meat, dairy products or sugar for at least one month. What??!! That was hard to do!!!  But I struggled through it and I noticed that I would go a whole day without a headache of any kind. That was amazing.

Another avenue that helped me a lot came by accident. A friend of mine got weekly massages and told me how wonderful it was for her. Since a lot of my tension was in my neck and shoulders I thought it was a good idea to make an appointment and see what it was all about. I set up regular sessions because the knots in my shoulders and the neck pain didn't get there overnight. It took consistent massage sessions to reduce them and I began to notice that I only got a migraine about every three months which meant only four times a year. That was doubly amazing! Also the severity of the migraine pain was reduced as well as the reduction of small headaches. I was able to make plans and keep them. It was so refreshing.

Finally my massage therapist commented on how knot and tension free my muscles had become and I realized that I had not been to my chiropractor for months on end!  I used to see him every two or three weeks for neck and shoulder pain. I continued to get massages for maintenance every other week and I haven't been back to the chiropractor in six years. I am not advocating not seeing your chiroprator, but I am suggesting to add massage to your health regiman. I think you'll be surprised at the results you will receive.

I highly suggest, if you suffer from migraines, to help yourself by booking an appointment with me. I understand your pain. If a massage does not work as well for you as it did for me, then you still will enjoy an hour of relaxation on your road to better health and serenity. You deserve it!

You may want to check out the massage menu on my website:
www.nancypezdek.massagetherapy.com
and call me at 919.413.5245 to make your appointment.

Nancy S. Pezdek
Holistic Massage Therapist
LMBT# 11024
919.413.5245
4716 Glen Forest Drive
Raleigh, NC 27612

No comments:

Post a Comment